Interact with History by usmanc

You live in an ancient village drawing water from a well when all of a sudden you see a black horse on the horizon. You have heard rumors from the other villagers that a foreign king lets a black horse roam freely outside his domain. The horse will soon be followed by armed soldiers who will claim any land for their king. Would you rather? (By usmanc MaleGold MedalGold TrophySuper StarDiamondGold Crown 3 years ago)

image
usmanc says With A, you risk being imprisoned or executed. With B, you leave not knowing where you will end up

You are a person of noble lineage and from your marriage you conceive a young boy. A prophecy soon reveals that the child is destined for great things. You can follow one of two paths. Would you rather? (By usmanc MaleGold MedalGold TrophySuper StarDiamondGold Crown 3 years ago)

image
usmanc says Bonus points if you can name the famous person this question is referring to.

You live in an ancient kingdom working as a craftsman, when one day a stranger enters your shop. You are worried that he may be one of the emperor's inspectors who came to check the quality of your goods. The man observes you and asks you if you would become a spy for the neighborhood. You would end up receiving 3 times your normal earnings but in exchange you must turn in a few friends whom you suspect aren't paying sales taxes to the empire. Would you rather? (By usmanc MaleGold MedalGold TrophySuper StarDiamondGold Crown 3 years ago)

OR
126 votes
16 comments
image
usmanc says Just some food for thought. These types of practices were very common in the Gupta and Han empires, early empires of India and China respectively

You are a teenager living in England during the Industrial Revolution. You work in a factory for 14 long hours everyday with only one break for lunch. You along with other workers are often mistreated and forced to work in dark and dirty quarters. You are tired of this life, but the meager wage you make helps to support you and your family. Would you rather? (By usmanc MaleGold MedalGold TrophySuper StarDiamondGold Crown 3 years ago)

You are a ruler of a vast empire who leads a powerful army with well equipped troops. You decide to conquer another neighboring country and do so with ease. Once you had conquered them however, you are left with a choice. These people do not share your religion, ideals or traditions. If you allow them too much freedom, they might possibly rebel against you. If you enslave them and rule with a heavy hand, you could utilize too much of your resources. Would you rather? (By usmanc MaleGold MedalGold TrophySuper StarDiamondGold Crown 3 years ago)

In the early 1930s, you are a citizen of Germany during the Great Depression. The economy is in a state of hyper inflation and many people including yourself are suffering. One evening you along with thousands of other German citizens gather around the Munich Stadium. You have all come to cast your ballot for two politicians campaigning for office. As patriotic music blares and things quiet down, the speeches begin. Who would you rather vote for? (By usmanc MaleGold MedalGold TrophySuper StarDiamondGold Crown 3 years ago)

image
usmanc says A: to other neighboring countries B: has been unfairly taken from us. Sacrifices will have to be made for economic health, but our country will prosper and once again return to power.

You are a traveler in the year 1292 who has traveled to many lands in the eastern world. Over the previous decade you have traveled through the most advanced country in the world: China. During your stay, you have assisted the emperor with many tasks and he decides to award you with a gift to take back to your society. Would you rather? (By usmanc MaleGold MedalGold TrophySuper StarDiamondGold Crown 3 years ago)

image
usmanc says Your society doesn't have any of these innovations. Which one do you think would benefit it more.

You are a scientist whose years of scientific research supports an idea. However, your theory contradicts the religious belief of your time. The church, which is a strong force in your society, puts you on trial and demands that you publicly deny your theory or otherwise face serious charges. Would you rather? (By usmanc MaleGold MedalGold TrophySuper StarDiamondGold Crown 3 years ago)

image
usmanc says This is what scientists such as Giodano Bruno and Galileo Galilei had to face from the Roman Inquisition. Bruno believed that the universe was more vast than just the solar system and that there were other stars with planets that orbited them. He also harbored the believe of Cosmic Pluralism: That life could possibly exist on other exoplanets. Galileo believed in the Heliocentric system of the universe, that the sun was the center of the universe rather than the earth.

You are a leader of a small band of hunter-gatherers living in what is today Southern Africa. The women and children find edible plants and roots while the men hunt for wild game. One day, while you are sitting around a campfire with your tribe and telling them a story, you hear the sound of a group of people approaching. They carry iron spheres and chant in a foreign language that you don't understand. Your tribesman become scared but they are also curious. Would you rather? (By usmanc MaleGold MedalGold TrophySuper StarDiamondGold Crown 3 years ago)

image
usmanc says The foreigners might be friendly, neutral or hostile. There is no telling.

You are a leader of a European nation who is living during the age of Industrialization. During this time period, many European nations are competing with each other for new markets and a stronger empire. Their interest is piqued with countries in Africa where they can mine resources such as gold, diamond and oil. While attending the Berlin Conference you have a decision to make. Would you rather? (By usmanc MaleGold MedalGold TrophySuper StarDiamondGold Crown 3 years ago)